A new tradition:This is the third year we have tried to simplify the Christmas madness.
When the kids were small there were piles and piles of "stuff" that was forgotten in no time at all. Now we follow a simple formula we found on numerous "Mom blogs" and Pinterest boards. The idea is to purchase fewer quality gifts. The tradition goes like this "Something they Want, Something they Need, Something they Wear, and Something to READ." My kids actually make Pinterest boards for each category so there is still the element of surprise. Of course, as a librarian, I love the fact that the tradition includes something to read!
Ideas for "something to read"
- Dog, Horse, or Cat breed books
- A Rhyming Dictionary
- Inspirational Journals
- Health or Sports books
- The Daring Book for Girls
- The Dangerous Book for Boys
- Guinness Book of World Records
- Cookbook for Teens: The Easy Teen Cookbook with 74 Fun & Delicious Recipes to Try
- Kindle E-reader or Tablet